Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sew a Frog

Purl Bee has the cutest pattern for a bean bag frog. I was just talking with Michele P. about frogs and how I would love to have one in the house. Michele maintained that her cat would make the frog's life a living hell. I suppose my Iris would be very hard on a frog too. Oh well, I would want to hold the frog and that isn't good for them. Their skin is very permeable and too much handling can introduce bacteria into their system that is hard for them to fight off. I always thought the White's Tree Frog is adorable and of course our own Wisconsin frogs are wonderful too.















What a face on this guy!


The Frog
Be kind and tender to the Frog,
And do not call him names,
As "Slimy skin," or "Polly-wog,"
Or likewise "Ugly James,"
Or "Gap-a-grin," or "Toad-gone-wrong,"
Or "Bill Bandy-knees":
The Frog is justly sensitive
To epithets like these.
No animal will more repay
A treatment kind and fair,
At least so lonely people say
Who keep a frog
(and by the way,they are extremely rare).
Hilaire Belloc


Talk to you soon,
Lynda
We are born princes and the civilizing process makes us frogs.
Eric Berne (1910 - 1970)

No comments: