Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New Online Knitting Magazines






Found a couple of new online knitting magazines and a pattern that interests me in a well known magazine.
One of the online magazines is Knotions. It has free patterns and articles, a review of Lisa Lloyds new book A Fine Fleece and a very nice article on how to make lifted increases, with good pictures and a useful article on short rows for shaping in the bust to make sweaters fit better. Nice magazine!
Another new online magazine is Twist Collective. The articles are by big names like Cat Bordi and Clara Parkes and are free. The patterns are for sale as downloads.


There are some gorgeous patterns here and it seems like a very nice thing that designers should get paid for their work, doesn't it?
Then on Ravelry I saw a new group knit along for The Druid Mittens by Jared Flood. These are the mittens features on the cover of the Fall Vogue Knitting.



I am not usually a big fan of Vogue Knitting and don't usually buy it but I think I will buy this one as these mittens are very nice.

Here are some pictures of my latest knitting:
















This sock is from the Nancy Bush book, Knitting Vintage Socks. The Oak Ribbed Sock. Gave Them to Patrick my older son and he really likes them!









These are Magic Slippers pattern from the SockPixie.

Aren't they the cutest thing? I will be knitting more of these!

Talk to you soon,

Lynda

My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing. - Jessica Alba

No comments: