Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Starting to Cool Off

It's starting to cool off so I have been knitting small things to keep us warm. Here are a couple of really cute sweaters for our dear Eddie:
Both sweaters are knit in Classic Worsted
80% Acrylic 20% Wool
197yds / 100g

Each sweater used a whole skein with lots left over!
Got the yarn at Loose Ends Yarn Shop in beautiful downtown Mayville.







































I made a couple of pairs of Noro Fingerless Mitts by Michelle Molis.
These are knit from one skein of Noro Kureyon which Noro considers an aran weight wool, 110 yards (101 meters) to 50 grams and I used size 7 double points.

























I am also knitting a Gunnister Man's Pouch using Smith and Jameison Shetland wool and size 00 needles. One pattern for it can be found at The Island of Misfit Patterns. It is just a small pouch found on the body of a fellow buried in bog in Gunnister, Northmavine,Shetland. The fellow was found in 1951 and the pouch had three late 17Th-century coins of low value, one Swedish and two Dutch. He also had on an interesting hat and had another hat with him. I will knit that too when I get a chance. These patterns were talked about in an article in Piecework published in 2002.














I feel so virtuous making warm things. I am knitting a bunch of scarves-pictures to follow soon. That means I don't have to buy a Burberry with the state of our money these days I sure can't afford one of these:
WOOL DUFFLE COAT
$1095.00


wool duffle coat with horn and leather front closures. detachable hood with check on reverse side. stitched gun flap detailing on shoulder, storm flap detailing on back. horn button tabs on cuffs. two front patch pockets with flaps. unlined but check on reverse side of coat. 40" long. wool. dry clean. made in england.

* detachable hood.
* horn toggles.
* stitched gun flap and storm flap detailing.
* two front patch pockets with flaps.
* check on reverse side of coat.
I've always liked a toggle coat. I think because way back in high school, my best friend Irene had one and I always thought she was so sophisticated, especially compared to me! I have my own dark brown toggle coat now but it picks up so much animal hair I hate to wear it!

Hey I will talk to you later, OK?
Lynda

He wrapped himself in quotations-
as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.
Rudyard Kipling







-

No comments: