Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Winter Escape

I am home and recovered from the weekend of intense knitting and socializing at our friend Michele's Winter Escape. My little mouse Tricot and I went with Terri and we shared a room but Tricot was never to be found in the room. He seemed to prefer the company of all the other women. One of whom, Michele actually made him a beret!

















I got some good knitting done on a new project shawl-the Kerry Blue Shawl by Martha Waterman, and a vest for my husband.


















I am also thinking of knitting some kind of a fichu (fich-u
Pronunciation [fish-oo; Fr. fee-shy]
–noun, plural fich us ;
a woman's kerchief or shawl, generally triangular in shape, worn draped over the shoulders or around the neck with the ends drawn together on the breast.
Origin:
1795–1805; < F: n. use of fichu, ptp. of ficher to drive in, fix (informally, to throw, fling; hence, something put on hastily, loosely attached)

I've been looking at patterns on Ravelry and haven't found what I want yet but I may try to design something incorporating my thoughts. I like the idea of a shoulder shawl and a ruffled edge. Points might be nice on the edge too. Well any way it is something that has been percolation for a couple of days...we shall see I guess.

Oh and have you ever heard of an online knitting magazine call the Inside Loop ?
The magazine seems to start from the United Kingdom-England-and the patterns are free!
Free is nice! Not that designers don't deserve compensation for all their hard work!
They also have some good articles-one on photographing your knitting that I especially found useful. Take a look at them, you might find something you like.

Lynda


I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them.
E. V. Lucas

No comments: