Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmas Knitting

I thought that Christmas stockings might be something that people would buy at the Avenue of Angels Christmas sale the beginning of December so I decided to try one-preferably Fair Isle not Intarsia! I happened to run onto this pattern in the most recent Cast-On magazine and thought I'd give it a try.
















The design is called Henry's Stocking and while I can't sell the sock in the original form it will give me a jumping off point to plug all kinds of patterns into a large format. I will change colors too and use what I have and what I think looks right. The heel looks like a pain in the neck too. Well, as I say it is a start.




















I am also working on lots of little pumpkins and gourds. Very adaptable idea too!













Almost finished with the Ufserud Hat by Bea Ellis, and I just loving it! Just got the yarn to make another one!

Talk to you later,
Lynda

About the most originality that any writer can hope to achieve honestly is to steal with good judgment.
- Josh Billings

No comments: