Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's in Your Bag?

Here's a little exercise...what's in your bag/basket/tote? I of course have two projects- My Batcus Scarf which is basically a triangle knit with two different colors of Noro Sock yarn, alternating colors every two rows.















A baby blanket for my nephew's boy to be born in Late November! A simple broken rib pattern in a nice cushy acrylic wool blend.















But then the weird stuff starts to show up:

One of my hand made wool pin cushion!














You'll notice three, no, four types of hand cream; three different measuring devices,
a key to I don't know where, Rescue remedy, crystals and semi-precious stones (including a rose quartz for it promotes forgiveness), Oh and I bet you'll never guess what the cork is for?? (I'll tell you if you ask!)
















And a ball of this wonderful cashmere and silk yarn from a company called Great Northern Yarns. No animals were harmed in the making of this yarn!




















Oh and by the way, I got a new camera! Yay!
Talk to you soon-gotta go watch Jeopardy...
Lynda

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)



3 comments:

Lost City Denise said...

No photos as I'm on the road without the camera cord but here goes....

The finished and almost finished mitten in handspun Corriedale for Christopher. A ball of silk yarn and the pattern for Shipwreck. Which, I may cast on during the drive home Sunday evening.

My knitting coffin. Yes I said coffin! I have a lovely coffin shaped basket/box (gift from a friend) that holds my little fiskars, a measuring table, an old wooden needle case, a crochet hook, and a goddess tin with stitch markers inside.

Also in the bag are my Harmony interchangables - just because it's always smart to travel with them. My reading glasses. My journal (not my knitting journal). Some tissues. My ipod with a new meditation book loaded and podcasts, and my little digital camera.

It's heavy!

So what is the new camera you bought!!!!???

shannonb said...

LOVE the bactus! Now I want one too. SO what't the cork for?

Lynda said...

I honestly thought no one was going to ask!
It is a stress reliever!
Dr. Oz also has a couple of tricks to reduce stress. For one, lick your lips and suck in. The cooling sensation is actually an anti-stress tool.

Second you put a cork in it literally. Open your mouth wide and put a cork between your teeth. Dr. Oz says this will reduce stress because it relaxes the large masseter muscles and the temporomandibular joint on the side of your face.
I don't know but it seems such an easy thing to do so I do it!