Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Crazy Busy Time



When will it be time to just do as I please? A little pattern surfing, a little spinning, even some embroidery?
When?
Well, after I finish the two baby sweaters for our friend Janet (and hats), twined mitts for James, about ten soft ornaments for different people, finish the thumbs on four pair of Finnish mittens. And all before the 17-24th!
I'm starting to think I have bitten off more than I can chew!
Help me just calm down and do this stuff, OK?

I bought two skeins of Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino from Susan's Fiber the other day and it is calling me to knit-I was thinking of a couple of things I could make with it. Like this one:
Called Gaenor by Corrina Ferguson
























Or this one:
called Cedar Leaf by Alan Dakos




















We are supposed to get a lot of snow tonight and early tomorrow. As mush as a FOOT they say. Sort of exciting in a way. Maybe I can get something done while I am cabin bound?

Oh and I started reading this book:
















Novelist, philosopher, salonnière and a woman whose political genius was worthy of the wiliest D.C. lobbyist: Germaine de Staël (1766–1817) lived many lives during the chaotic years of French history from the Revolution through the machinations of Napoleon.
NBCC Award–winning author Gray (Them: A Memoir of Parents) chronicles her subject's combination of charisma and historical circumstance, manifest in de Staël's celebrated salons, impassioned literary tracts and iconoclastic personality. More than the quintessential cosmopolitan, de Staël saved lives during the Terror and launched careers.
Yet before marrying her inept husband, she said, I regret that I have not joined my fate to that of a great man; it is the only possible glory for a woman. Despite repeated exile from Napoleon's France, de Staël was as linked to the political workings of Parisian society as any of her male contemporaries. Faithful to de Staël's incessant energy, Gray follows her movements at a forceful pace, masterfully commanding a wide cast of characters while streamlining the frantic narrative of her subject's life.

At least you can say that I find life fascinating!
Talk to you later,
Lynda

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
- Don Marquis










1 comment:

Janyce said...

I did a plain knit in the round mobius scarf/shawl in the Malabrigo. It is one of my most favorite things that I have knit. I can wear it as a shawl to keep my shoulders warm, a scarf long or wraped a couple of times and I can pull it up as a hood. It is sooooooo soft and light. I LOVE IT!!!