Saturday, February 20, 2010

Everything is Good for Gordon Lightfoot

Well I was relieved to find out that Gordon Lightfoot is still with us! He is in his seventies I think and certainly looking it but, I am happy to report that he was only at the dentist-not dead!

What did you think about Tiger Woods' apology?
That is one of the Twelve Steps-apologize to those you have hurt...
Step Five is
Admitting to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs and Step Eight is Make a list of all persons we had harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.
So I guess he is really working on sobriety in terms of his compulsion.

I am just not sure that doing this in such a public way will help him remain true to his commitment to go and sin no more, if you know what I mean. He really doesn't owe me anything. His wife and child are owed but that is not my business and I don't want to be involved in his attempt to deal with the trapping of his celebrity-too much power. I will say that it is gross that women will just throw themselves at his head because of his fame (and money). Not good form.

We are supposed to get snow for the next couple of days. I am sort of looking forward to a little snow. I mean we still have plenty but a new covering spruces up that old and dirty snow.


I knit a cuff for a demo I am doing at Loose Ends Knitting Winter Getaway. I knit it twined and made up a pattern for the class. Real cute.




















Well, talk to you soon,
Lynda

The best way out is always through.
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)


No comments: