Sunday, October 03, 2010

F is For...

F is for...
Friends.
You know, I hardly think I could get by in life with out my friends. Humans are social animals meant to live in small, stable groups. Increasingly, we are
isolated. I lived for six years in an apartment in Madison and didn't know most of the people in the building.
I don't want to live like that anymore. That is why I enjoy small town life. I also maintain that I enjoy the rural community I live in because I am inherently nosy! I like knowing people's family histories and who they are related to and divorced from...
When I was sick a few years ago and not able to get out for a few months, I missed hanging out with my friends very much. I really need to talk and laugh with the girls!
I think that it is therapeutic...
















Here is Terri in the summer with long hair.














Here is Michelle and Maryanne in a blurry picture-sorry!













Janet, Terri, Anne, Sue and Sue's friend.









Craft Center friends.













James, Betty and son
Patrick.

F is for...
Free Patterns

















Z-Cuff Socks from Vogue Knitting
Aren't these cute?

And sort of in that same note:

F is For...
Fingerless Mitts





























Both of these pair were knit with my hand-spun.



















And this pair is a free pattern from Classic Elite.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Lynda

My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia.

Dame Edna Everage (1934 - )

No comments: