Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Here We Go Again

I have been missing in action for so long that you may have given up on hearing from me but I have decided to remedy that. I am going to post once a week for awhile to get back in the swing of writing.

Well to begin, I finally got a chance to read the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Did any of you read it? It is VERY dense and has really been in my mind since finishing it. The story begins with an explosion at the Metropolitan Museum that kills narrator Theo Decker's beloved mother and results in his unlikely possession of a Dutch masterwork called The Goldfinch. “Things would have turned out better if she had lived,” Theo said of his mother, fourteen years after she died. An understatement if ever there was one, but one that makes the selfish reader cry out: Oh, but then we wouldn’t have had this story!

I have been knitting this sweater:


Ivyle

I bought some yarn at our friend Michele's garage sale. I am using Cozette by Knit One, Crochet Too in amber. Love the yarn and having fun one the stockingette part...well having fun once I finally got it right! I had to cast on FOUR times before I figured it out! 
I have also been working along on my Christmas in July/August exchange gift. I am nearly finished and could have been done by July, but this gives me more time to add to it. 
For those of you who aren't familiar, Our fiber guild, Then String Alongs has a gift exchange at Christmas where you bring a gift and get a gift. Then the Christmas in July/August is a specific gift for the person whose name you picked. I always love to be involved with these exchanges because you can make the thing you most enjoy doing and then pass it to someone who may not do that craft at all! Also you can really think about the person and aim the present at their personality. 
We have recently gotten a new puppy named Sami-an American Coonhound. She is a leopard coonhound and will grow to be a pretty big girl. We in no way had our house puppy proof when she arrived and we are still trying to put things out of her reach! Here is a picture or two of my little girl:

  I guess that is it for now but I will be back again soon....
see ya then.

Lynda 

No comments: