Saturday, July 29, 2006

What's Your Ideal Pet?




Your Ideal Pet is a Cat



You're both aloof, introverted, and moody.

And your friends secretly wish that you were declawed!




Had a wonderful time at the Midwest Felting Symposium and I am going again tomorrow to help at the end and pack some things up. I had a great class with Ewa and learned how to make flat felt. I missed one step of adding extra soap and so had to roll it pretty long to get it to felt but it turned out really pretty. Perfect stuff to stitch.
I did a demo on embellishing of felted items and people seemed really interested. I had stitching and beads on cotton quilting type material, Slightly felted and hand dyed wool and resist dyed wool and some silk fusion material all with beads and embroidery on them. Bought some lovely corriedale fiber from Carol Wagner of Hidden Valley woolen mill in a rusty, orange autumn-like color. Really different for me. I bought a pound so I can make something pretty big I hope. Maybe I should buy another pound? Terri Neuburg is teaching a class there today but we are celebrating Patrick's birthday today so I am not going today!
It is really too hot here and I am sick of it! The good news is that one of my pigeons hatched an egg and this is perfect temperature for a newborn, naked baby bird! He looks like a little pink alien! All eyeballs and wiggly arms and legs!Hope the other egg hatches too. They lay their eggs a day or so apart so that one baby will be started before the second one hatches.
Well, maybe it will be cool enough to sit in the back yard after dark this evening???
I can only hope.

Well I will post again later,
LYNDA

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

No comments: