Sunday, July 23, 2006

Felting Symposium

I must say I am starting to get excited about The Midwest Felting Symposium! I starts next Wednesday and I will be there on the registration table first thing. Thursday I am taking a class with Ewa Kunichek call "What a Book". It's an all day class in bookmaking with felt so should be really fun. I met Ewa when she was here for Susan a couple of years ago and she is delightful! I will work for Susan again on Friday and Terri Neuburg is teaching that day as well. Back again on Sunday in the afternoon and then it is all over! I think it is really going to be neat and Susan has done a ton of work to make it so.

I have been working on an embroidery for the Dodge County Fair. It is a cottage garden scene. This is it so far:



I am still working on this and will add clouds and a chimney and beads but what do you think so far??

A photographer from the Fond du Lac Paper came and took pictures at Craft Center on Thursday. We had a couple of spinning wheels there and one little girl was learning how to use a drop spindle so I think we were very photogenic. People were knitting and quilting, Spinning and talking as usual. Such a lively group! Can't wait to see the pictures and read the story as a few members were interviewed as well.

Yesterday Joe and I and the dogs took a drive to look at a house for sale in Byron, which isn't really a town, just a township. This place was really off the beaten path and deep in woods. They want $199,000 which is way over our budget but what a wonderful getaway it would be! Oh well, it isn't a better drive for Joe to get to work so really no point in moving. Still it was a very neat place! I have another one to look at later today but really I am not terribly driven to move unless the really right place comes along!

My garden is looking wonderful. I have a new garden bench and table. I used it a couple of times yesterday while resting from weeding. It all looks so nice. Ed (little dog) came up to me while I was working, with an egg in his mouth! Somewhere he had found a chicken's egg. He really wanted to eat it but I took it away from him! The little shit. He came in the other day covered in burdock! I wasn't aware that I had one in my yard but leave it to Eddie to find it. I had to cut some of them out! Really quite a mess.

Well, I don't know much else...oh yes, our dear friend Terri is camping this weekend out at County Park and it poured late yesterday afternoon. I haven't talked to here so I hope it wasn't too big a mess for her. They have their beagle Cody with them so I suppose he was Mudd too!

Anyway, that's it from my corner of the world. How is it with you??

Lynda

" It is easy to say how we love new friends, and what we think of them, but words can never trace out all the fibers that knit us to the old."George Elliots 1819-1880

No comments: