Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Foot Mousse

I got the ingredients to make a new balm yesterday. I am going to make up a batch of Foot Mousse today. The main recipe suggests a mint scent and that seems nice and refreshing for your feet. It has some ingredients that I haven't used before like Stearic acid, which is supposed to be an emulsifier. I am kind of excited about trying the new recipe. I'll get back to you with results-maybe tomorrow!
Talked with Susan McFarland today about the Wisconsin Spin In in Wausau. There is a somewhat grouchy post on the website about people saying there wouldn't be a Spin In this year and I am afraid that comments like that make people wonder if things are going along very well or not? It does say that the books are at the printer as of today so I am still hopeful that things are underway.
http://www.wispinin2006.com/

Is anyone getting excited about the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool thing in Jefferson? I am really looking forward to the class I am taking on Saturday with Beth Brown-Reinsel on Norwegian knitting. It is an all day class and should really be good. I sure am enjoying all the Scandinavian knitting. I did notice that they knit Tams with these color techniques and maybe after I get tired of mittens I'll go on to hats!

Patrick has his first full day of school stuff today and we are down one car as the car Brian normally drives has some kind of electrical problem. But it starts the thought of what are we going to do with both boys in school in different towns and at differing times. How will we manage this with two cars in town? Joe's car is always in Oshkosh. I sure hate to think of buying another car, what with paying for Patrick's schooling and gas prices as they are...damn kids cost a lot! I do think it is cheaper in the long run to keep Patrick living at home as long as he is in school in Fond du Lac. I suppose if Brian can get into a college he will leave as soon as he can! He feels that we repress him and don't want him to have fun! I would prefer he "have fun" in another town where my nose won't be rubbed in his "fun"!!
Well, enough of the complaint!
I think I will go make some foot mousse!

Talk to you soon,
Lynda

Always listen to experts.
They'll tell you what can't be done and why.
Then do it.
Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)

No comments: