Monday, September 11, 2006

Rainy Day

My poor husband! He took off work today to play golf with a friend from work who has retired...well, guess that won't work today as it is raining like crazy! Oh well. I guess he could do a few things around the house, poor fellow!

I sure had a nice weekend. I really enjoyed my time at the Sheep and Wool Festival in Jefferson. I have read on the spinning list about these people that bought fleeces and I never even looked for one! I guess I have enough right now? I am still waiting for a fleece from the Wooly Knob and I have that one I bought from Susan this spring to spin. I really did enjoy my class with Beth Brown-Reinsel and am looking forward to meeting her again at knitting Guild in Madison tonight! The barn that we had the six hour class in left something to be desired though. The chairs were rusty folding chairs that were really hard on the butt. There weren't any rooms as such, just fabric dividers. And boy did I feel sorry for the folks taking Hazel Carter's Charting Lace class in the morning as there was a crying infant in the class! I found it annoying and my class "room" was three stall away. Some friend wheeled the stroller down to our class when the baby was crying really hard so it wouldn't bother the mother in her class. I really didn't find that it helped my concentration while the baby was down by us, but nobody else complained so I guess I was the only one it bothered. The barn was pretty chilly too but I guess you can't expect a barn to heated and the class was on $60 for a 6 hour class so I guess I have to take the good with the bad. It is just kinda funny compared to how strict they were at Stitches classes. One of the first thing they asked you to do at Stitches was turn off your cell phone but people were taking calls in my class in Jefferson which seems rude to the teacher!
I am really working on being able to carry two colors in one hand the way Beth taught, and it is almost like trying to teach myself to knit all over again. If I keep practicing it every day I will be able to get it though.
I also bought a bunch of Beth's patterns for mittens and socks and hats so I can keep on practicing! These socks are the same pattern as the Norwegian Mittens I have already knit. Wouldn't it be cool to make socks to match?

Beth is really a neat woman and I am happy that I got a chance to spend time with her and the other nice women in my class!

This is going to be a busy week! Madison Knitting Guild's first meeting of the season is tonight. That is always a late evening! Tuesday Night is Church Ladies Bible Study group but they get done by about 9 o'clock and it is just across the street. Wednesday night is the first choir of the season. Thursday morning and evening are Craft Center class sign-up nights. I think Friday is open! I hope! I sometimes think September is the busiest month!

Well, that is all for now. Talk to you later,

Lynda

That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way.
Doris Lessing

No comments: