Thursday, October 12, 2006

Did you see any snow?


Trying to predict the severity of the upcoming winter in October is like trying to predict the winner of the Super Bowl in November. But over the years atmospheric researchers have found that one phenomenon seems to consistently impact global weather. El Nino.

This fall El Nino has started to develop and may strengthen through the winter. If El Nino continues, predictions for winter weather in the United States include warmer-than-average temperatures across the west, the southwest, the plains states, the Midwest, most of the northeast, the northern mid-Atlantic, as well as most of Alaska. Yeay!!
NOAA OUTLOOK CALLS FOR MILD WINTER FOR MOST OF THE NATION:
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2716.htm

I am certainly hoping so...but who knows at this point. I never did see a wooly bear caterpillar up close this fall. They are supposed to predict the severity of winter too. Probably just as accurate at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration!

I still have garden work to do this weekend and I have to finish an outdoor pen for my pigeons. I was intending to go to the local pigeon and bantam swap meet on Saturday but they changed the date to next weekend. Sure glad I found out before I went there and didn't find anyone! I have some perennials to plant and clean up from the frost last night.

Haven't done any spinning lately, have you? I need to get back into it but I have a lot of yarn to work with already-surprise, surprise. Still haven't done anything with that Manos de Uruguay I bought from Susan's Fiber a couple of weeks ago. And I have that Baby Fair Isle to work on too. Almost finished with a shawl from the fleece I bought from Susan. I am going to put a lace edge on it and use a different color-the body of the shawl is an iridescence grey and the edging will be in white. Should look real old fashioned!


Well, just a quick note here, Will talk more later,
Lynda

The remarkable thing about Shakespeare is that he really is very good, in spite of all the people who say he is very good.
-- Robert Graves




No comments: