Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday's Day of Rest?

You know I am all in favor of a day of rest. Not necessarily for any religious reasons although I do live in town that frowns on mowing your lawn on Sunday and up until a couple of years ago, no groceries were open on Sunday. I just think there should be at least one day a week to sort of recuperate from the busy week. I really am better for a day of rest.

Well, today wasn't really that for me. It started at 6:30 a.m. when I got up to feed my baby pigeons. Their mother disappeared two days ago and I am trying to get these squeakers to the age that they can feed themselves. I am feeding them baby cereal right now and I know that isn't enough grain but I can't get seeds into them right now. I am just trying to tide them over until they get the idea to eat seeds. They are the prettiest birds and I am just praying that I can get them to survive! So I am feeding them every four hours and trying to keep fluids in them and what not...and are they ever messy eaters! I will say that they have figured out that I am their Momma now and expect their crops to be filled by me. We all get pretty messed up in the process!

I have been running laundry all day too. I am keeping the babies in a dog kennel in the basement to keep them warm, so with every load I do I am checking on them. So far so good!
We worked in the yard after church today and I got some perennials planted but I have a couple more to plant in the front yard and beds to clean up in front too. I am going to save hollyhock seeds. Anyone want some? They were very successful and some great colors too. Just let me know if you want some. You can start them in the house this winter or wait until spring. You won't get any blooms until the year after as they are biennials but when they do bloom they are wonderful!

I did my first Powerpoint presentation for church this week and only had two messed up slides! Pretty good for a first timer! I am going to do next week's too so I can get some practice and learn it well.

My husband and I went to a progressive dinner last night with about 10 other couples. We went to four different houses for four courses and had a wonderful time! What a neat idea and fun to get to see everyone's houses and pets and antiques and whatnot! A good time was had by all. You should try it sometime...

Well, that is it from here (in the rest home!?!),

Lynda

No animal should ever jump up on the dining-room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation.
-- Fran Lebowitz


No comments: