Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Not Storing the Loom Away Just Yet!

Well, after my post yesterday about storing my loom in the attic until I get some lessons, I got an email from my friend Michelle saying, DON'T PUT IT IN THE ATTIC! I was planning to go over to Michelle's today anyway and she said bring the loom over and she will show me how to figure it out! I am so excited! So far thought this morning is not quite working the way I had hoped and and I am about an hour and a half behind where I had hoped to be at 11 o'clock.

I am making a pumpkin crisp to take over to Michelle's and the recipe called for 28 oz. of pumpkin and I only had a 15 oz. can so I had to run to the store quick. Which meant that I had to get dressed as my original plan was to put the crisp in the oven and then get dressed and feed animals. So everything was set back. The babies were really hungry this morning-they hadn't fed themselves for some reason-hope there is no problem! I got them to eat some and will go back and encourage them again after I post this.

Taught a beginning lace class at the Loose Ends last night. Had two very nice women in the class. Really it is more of a discussion as we didn't work on any project, just talked about technique and lace problems and how to solve them.
Speaking of lace I think I am going to get my hands on a doily pattern called Lyra. This was designed by Herbert Neibling and has been out of print since the 1980's. Once in a while someone sell a copy on Ebay but the last time I saw one it went for $45 or $50 for a single pattern! The Burda company owns the copyright and I belong to a Yahoo discussion group whose sole purpose is to get these Neibling patterns republished. Lyra is a square doily which I have never done so I am really hoping to get ahold of this and give it a try. It is big enough to cover a table top and some people even knit it as a shawl-just use wool and a larger needle. It is really a lovely thing so I am really hopeful.


For more pictures look here:

http://www.lyralearninggroup.blogspot.com/

Well, that is just a quick note for now,

Lynda

Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.

Czech Proverb

No comments: