Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Frosty Morning

Everything is covered in frost this morning. It is pretty but cold...I went out to fill bird feeders in slippers and the grass was crunchy!
My new pigeons are doing very well. I had the babies outside all day yesterday and brought them in about 5 o'clock. I also saw a hawk in the yard in the early afternoon. Looking for a snack I suppose. All the sparrows and chickadees and juncos were deep in shrubs chattering at the hawk. My chickens were in the yard but they must be too big for a Cooper's Hawk, thank God!

Got some work done in the basement yesterday to make room to bring the lawn furniture in and have some place to put it. I have decided to put my table top loom in the attic until I can get a class and learn how to use it. I don't want it ruined by cats so I will put it in the attic to keep it safe, although I do know that "out of sight is out of mind"! I think that my younger son has this idea that the basement would be a nice place to set up video games and hang out with friends. I guess it would be ok with me but it will be kind of chilly and not all that appealing to me...I will try to find and old rug to put on the floor so it won't be so cold.

I am going to teach a class at Loose Ends Yarn Shop this evening on lace knitting. I also want to get yarn for her newest Charity Challenge:

Stop in at Loose Ends and buy a ball/skein of yarn of your choice at 25% off and register your participation.
Take your yarn home and make some Christmas tree ornaments with it. Whatever kind of ornament you like, Knit, crochet, let your imagination go wild. If you seem to be short on imagination, They have some free ornament patterns to get you started.
Bring back the finished ornaments (make sure to save one for your own tree). When you bring back your ornaments you will get a ball/skein of the same yarn for FREE! Free! Free!
The ornaments will be displayed at the Avenue of Trees, November 24,25,26 & December 1,2,3 at the Mayville Park Pavilion on the LOOSE ENDS YARN SHOP tree.
Then, during Heritage Fest (Ice Sculptures, Santa, Horse & Wagon Rides, more)
December 9 they will be selling the ornaments at Loose Ends, the proceeds from the ornaments will be donated to the local food pantry.
I have been knitting baby hats and Michele has that beautiful Baby Ull that knits so nice and is machine washable so I want to get some more of that too. Always nice to visit my LYS! Wish I had more money to spend there. Having teenagers costs all of my cash!
Here is a cute pattern I found. I don't think I
really need a pattern for this though. It is basically
a hat with the extra head worked on it. Isn't it
cute though?
Well that is all from here, I will talk more later,
Lynda

A timid person is frightened before a danger,
a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterward.
-- Jean Paul Richter

No comments: