Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Nothing to Say?

I haven't posted for a while and I am sort of dried up at this point. I really don't feel as if I have anything to say today either! I am knitting like crazy for the craft sale this weekend. I feel guilty if I am doing anything else. I have a glove on the needles and Father Christmas still needs his head and hat and beard. I haven't beaded any of the silk scarves yet and I still want to do some needle felting. Also have to make handcreme unless I just collect the stuff from Michele's shop for the weekend and see what I can sell!

I am going to Susan's Fiber Shop's All Fiber Retreat his weekend and will take along some of the fiber I have had processed in case anyone would like to buy some of it. Might be able to buy some stuff myself that way! Just trying to help the economy...

Here's an article that has some suggestions on improving one's sense of happiness.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061126/ap_on_he_me/be_happy
And a link to Penn State's webstie about Authentic Happiness:
http://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/testcenter.aspx
I think I am a happy person but it is interesting to think of happiness as something one can increase but certain steps. One step that seems to make sense is to think of three good things that happened that day and analyze why they occurred. I have always tried to do a sort of person inventory at the end of the day and think about the good things that happened or the ways that I screwed up. Then use that stuff as a basis of prayer before I fall asleep. I don't manage that every night. It depends on how tired I am of course. But it seems a good way to calm down and get ready to sleep.

Back to the knitting!
Lynda
There is no way to happiness: happiness is the way.

No comments: