Friday, November 17, 2006

What's New and TGIF!


I went over to my mom's today to work on her computer. She is ready after owning the computer for nearly a year, to get on the internet. It's so funny, too cuz she was calling it the inner net, which I suppose isn't far from wrong. We had lunch at her house and I brought what was left of the pumpkin desert that I had taken to the Guild meeting on Wednesday.

I am working on the Father Christmas designed by Ann Budd for Interweave Knits and free on the website. It is really cute but kind of putsy.
Now that I checked the picture, I see that this was actually from Piecework magazine. I thought it was Knits because Ann Budd works for that magazine. Isn't he sweet though? Donna was giving me a hard time about working on something so elaborate and then trying to put him in a local craft sale. I can't make any money knitting this but it is really fun to make and I will just give him as a gift for Christmas.


I am glad it is Friday! Joe has been sick all week and he is now coughing a lot! I have been really busy this week too. This seems to be the week of meetings-I've had one every night and couple of them ran pretty late. I am going to Madison tomorrow with Mary M. and will meet Donna T. there to go to the Madison Herb Society's annual Herb Fair at Olbricht Gardens. Should be a good time. Susan is having her Deer Widow's Sale too. Maybe we will stop off there too! Hate to miss a good sale! http://www.susansfibershop.com/
Anyway I am looking forward to taking it a little easier next week. The Holidays are fast approaching and it really gets busy next month so I want to get ready!

Don't forget that the local Christmas craft sale is December 1 & 2 at the Episcopal Church here in town. I am working really hard on things for the sale so stop in and see the cool things! Email me for directions.

Talk to you soon,
Lynda
Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

No comments: