Saturday, April 14, 2007

Busy Saturday-Is Spring Here?

Busy day so far! Got up early and ran over to church to do the powerpoint for the service and look for a lost dvd that was supposed to be used for the music in the morning but no one can find the dvd! Hasn't been seen for a couple of months and I just hope it didn't get thrown out during the recent cleaning frenzy by our "friend" bob r.

Then Joe and I went to Fond du Lac to the library and I got a couple of books about the art of homemaking and organization and Joe got some history. The public library was a buzz with activity! There were informational booths set up every where with people from various clubs in Fondy. It was the first annual Hobby Expo, in celebration of National Library Week. Sara von Treskow was there from Woolgatherers Ltd., LLC but I didn't get to talk to her as someone was trying to get her to value an old spinning wheel she had inherited, without actually seeing the wheel! The Fond du Lac Kennel Club was there in the Children's Area so I stopped in to pet a couple of young dogs-a black lab and a golden retriever. Very Sweet!

Then we went over to Menard's and I got the paint for my back stairway. How exciting! I got a colour called "Warm Sunlight."It is a very pale, warm yellow and should be nice and cheery.

I picked up some new roller covers and an extender too. Oh and some new clothes pins-100 pins for a little over $1.50! I am so revved up about the painting though-I have this vision of a clean organized space-so Martha Stewart. Speaking of whom, I tried to get her new book about housekeeping but it was checked out! I love Martha.

Then when we got home I had a new catalogue in the mail from Persephone Books. These are beautiful things! Persephone prints mainly neglected fiction and non-fiction by women, for women and about women. The titles are chosen to appeal to busy women who rarely have time to spend in ever-larger bookshops and who would like to have access to a list of books designed to be neither too literary nor too commercial. The books are guaranteed to be readable, thought-provoking and impossible to forget. They sell mainly through mail order, through selected shops. Titles include novels, short stories, diaries and cookery books. They are all carefully designed with a clear typeface, a dove-grey jacket, a 'fabric' endpaper and bookmark, and a preface by writers such as Jilly Cooper, Adam Gopnik, and Jacqueline Wilson.

http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/pages/books/gardeners_nightcap.htm Take a look at this title-it looks just wonderful to me!


I also ran into this interesting blog today-The Yarn Museum. Some really gorgeous yarns here and some really strange stuff as well. I spin to knit so I usually have something in mind for the yarn I make. Some of this stuff in the museum is so gnarly that I really can't imagine what one might do with it-put it in a dish as a decoration??? Some of the people involved are pluckyfluff (truly from the land of the strange) and wormspit of silk worm fame!

Well I am going to actually do a little work around the house, so I will talk to you later,
Lynda
You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

No comments: