Thursday, April 05, 2007

What I Have Been Spinning





ShepherdessNC suggested that she would like a better look at the yarn I have been spinning. So here are some pictures of the stuff I have spun in the last week or so.
The light blue is the wool I got from Hidden Valley Farms. That is what I spun this weekend at Susan's Fiber Shop Retreat.
The purple is from Hidden Valley, too. The purple is coopworth and a little mohair, I think! The dark blue wool is something I got as a present and I do know that the cream color in it is tussah silk but don't remember much more about it. I think it is from Little Barn.
Susan hosts three retreats a year in the winter. The first is the first weekend of deer hunting in November, "All-Fiber Retreat" which means the focus of the demos and classes is all kinds of fiber and ways to use them. The second retreat is the end of January and is the "Knitting Retreat". All kinds of knitting demos and small weekend projects taught. The last retreat is in March and it's focus is Spinning but knitters and beaders go to all the retreats. There has been some talk about a weavers retreat but I don't think you would have to be weaver to attend that either! She holds the retreats at a small hotel in Columbus, Wisconsin so that we can stay right there and the fun goes on well into the evening. There is a pool and hot tub too. And usually there is our massage therapist Bee Hahn on hand to deal with tight shoulders and necks or hand problems.

By the way, I would like to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts and prayers since I mentioned my sister's cancer diagnosis. I thank goodness for you kindness. This will of course be a long process so bear with me if I seem weepy or grouchy. Life can be very tough some times!
As you all know, I'm sure.
Again, many thanks,
Lynda
The thing always happens that you really believe in;
and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Frank Lloyd Wright (1869 - 1959)

No comments: