Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Day After

Wow, what a great day I had yesterday! Had a wonderful time with Joe and the boys in Madison, shopping and having lunch. We went to Penzy's and a aquarium store. Then to Borders and I bought some beautiful crafting magazines. Joe went to Steve's Liquor while we were in Borders to get some wine. Then to Whole Foods for a few things. I'll be honest, we were all hungry by the time we got to the grocery so we really shopped! We bought small brewery root beer and cream sodas, some gorgeous cheeses, a loaf of beautiful Italian bread, some chips and garlic salsa to die for!. I bought some wafer cookies with chocolate in the middle that you put on your hot coffee cup in the morning and then it melts the center.Then we went to Woodman's and Joe bought some wine and some produce.


After the groceries we went to Olive Garden for lunch and had a nice lunch and very pleasant conversation. We got home late afternoon and then I went to the String Alongs meeting at Eugenie's. You would not believe the gifts my friends got me or made for me. I don't have a picture yet of the wonderful chicken Mary M. made but she is sitting on top of my computer tower as I type! What a gas! The other girls got things for me to use in embroidery-gorgeous beads and silk ribbons and fabrics and shells. All so inspiring! What a great group of friends! See, I was told we were going to surprise Susan for her birthday and to make something that had to do with butterflies. So I embroidered and beaded a table cover with a butterfly. Then I made a purse to put the gift in as a gift bag. It never occurred to me that they were doing the same sort of thing for me!!






Michele Pollster gave me this book
and she too made me a chicken.
Pictures forthcoming, I
Promise!







This book full of iron on transfers for embroidery-VERY Cute. Can't wait to try them!
I have to get some flour sack towels and start stitching!

Talk to you soon,
Lynda
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
Japanese Proverb

No comments: