Sunday, April 27, 2008

Recent Knitting

Well I finally have some knitting to post about...that sweater I have been working on since last summer. Or not working on, how ever you want to look at it! I am finally working on the a sleeve. Nearly finished on the first sleeve:



















This yarn is some yarn I bought on line and it was made in China so I couldn't read the ball band but a woman I know from Taiwan said that it was 100 % wool and it was a great price. It has been nice to knit with too.




Here is a close up of the pattern.










The next thing I have been working on is a tale in itself! I have been involved in the Madison Knitter's Guild "Brown Bag Exchange" a couple of times. How it works is that they choose a theme such as Hats or One Skein Projects and then you choose some yarn and put it in a brown paper bag (or whatever bag you happen to have) and take it to the second meeting of the season. (Madison's Guild runs from September to May.) Then you knit something within the guide lines and bring it back in May and give it to the person who first brought the yarn!

Right after I got my yarn last year I had a hysterectomy and found out that I had cancer! Well, needless to say, I put the yarn away and NEVER THOUGHT OF IT until March when I started to wonder where had I put that bag???? I didn't have the strength to dig around in my attic or closet looking for it. I asked my son to look but you know how that is..."I can't find it!" was all I heard.

I figured that I remembered the yarn pretty well. It was Noro Silk Garden and Kureyon. And I thought I remembered the colors pretty well too. So I went out and bought more of the same so I could at least get started on the bag. Noro is not cheap in any way shape or form! But this is the price I paid for what we survivors call "cancer brain." If you loose it, you have to replace it!

The next day I was complaining to my husband about how much Noro costs, and even though it is imported from Japan, and the colors are REALLY nice, that I hated to have to buy more of something I knew was in our house somewhere. My Dear Husband Joe went up in the attic and I swear TEN MINUTES later, he found the yarn!

Now in my defense, there were other things on top of the yarn in the bag, but I should have noticed the number on the bag! Dead giveaway...Oh well it all turned out just fine and here is a picture of the bag (just hoping that my exchange person doesn't read this blog. If you do, please don't look at this, OK?)

I actually have more pictures to post but I will save them until tomorrow so I don't overwhelm your computers today!
Talk to you tomorrow,
Lynda
Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself.
Peter da Silva

No comments: