Monday, October 06, 2008

What Have I been Knitting?

I've been doing a fair amount of knitting.








Here is Ed's new sweater in progress-now finished and looking terribly cute!










My lacy scribble scarf knit with Kid Seta is coming along nicely:




















Sorry about the picture-this is a hard one to get a good picture of but trust me it is the softest, most airy thing ever!



I've also been making pincushions and here is one that photographed OK:

























It sure if feeling like Autumn here and I have brought in all the pots of herbs and my citrus trees as we have had a couple of light frosts. They said on the news tonight that viewing of Fall colors would be at it's peak in the Fond du Lac-Sheboygan area this week. Already!!!

We got a really good rain yesterday with tons of lightning and thunder. Really good for the dry soil!

I have been inspired by the cooler weather. I made brownies yesterday afternoon AND frosted them. Today I made Minestrone with more of the farmer's market goodies. Turned out really hearty and my husband had TWO bowls. Of course he loves it when he doesn't have to cook every meal but I think he really did like it!


Here is a picture of fall colors from Finland-starting to look more like this every day:


Talk to you later,
Lynda
Committee--a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done.
Fred Allen
(Sounds like what is going on in Congress and the Stock Market right now, doesn't it??)

No comments: