Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Stag Bag-Michele's Bag

Finally finished this Stag Bag!
I knit it with Berroco Ultra Alpaca and lined it with a quite heavy fabric to give it a pretty firm finish. I didn't make it the way the designer wrote it as she (Nora Gaughan)
had you knit the elaborate fair isle stag flat and there was no way I could face all that purling in two colors! So I made it in the round and added that cool hounds tooth on the back. That was really fun to knit! The yarn is really nice to work with and this was a lovely bag to work out.
Gave it to Michele as soon as it was finished!





























































































Thanks Michele for the pictures!
Talk to you later,
Lynda, who is going to work on a baby sweater and
block another baby sweater I just finished!


Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

No comments: