Friday, March 13, 2009

My Day






















Did you ever have one of those days where you just feel good? For me this has been one of those days. Not sure why but I feel confidant and productive and it feels good. I have things I have to do-I do the PowerPoint presentation for church every so often and this is one of my weeks-so I have to go over to church and do that. And as usual, I have loads of laundry to do, but I don't mind that-I kinda of like laundry! There is pleasure in stacks of folded, sorted clothing and towels.

I am knitting on my Queen Anne's Lace shawl again and loving this pattern so much. It is really a beautiful shawl. I am also thinking about a baby shawl for my niece Candy's baby to come in July I think. She found out that it is a girl so I could do something really pretty and Candy would really love it.


















I just finished a really good book and I am read another. The one I finished was called Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner. It was a telling of a fairy tale in four voices that was so good that I finished it in bed at 12:30 at night! Couldn't put it down. One of the most interesting ideas in the book was that the Queen of the Faeries gives Thomas the "gift" of only being able to tell the truth. Very interesting idea-of course he becomes a seer and unfortunately can see futures whether he wants to or not.
From the cover:
























The book I am reading right now is very funny, The Handmaid of Desire by John L'Heureux. I find myself laughing out loud as the academics at a nameless but prestigious northern California university struggle with power and sex and the elusive granting of one's deepest wishes. Very dangerous and funny stuff when your wish is granted.























On that note I am off to change loads in the laundry,
Lynda
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
Evelyn Waugh

No comments: