Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ten Guilty Pleasures on TV

Celebrity Rehab with DR. Drew
I just love this show and find it to be sort of like watching an accident-you just can't look away!

DIY King of Dirt
This guy Gino and his brother Ralph and his wife Regina are hilarious!


King of the Hill

Not only do I watch this show every night on Adult Swim but I find the characters to be metaphors for life. I do not miss this show!




















Countdown with Keith Olberman

I know his is a terrible group but sometimes I just like to hear him gripe and join in on his dismay with the world...

Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Very strange cartoon with the title character interviewing celebrities in an odd TV talk show.

Big Bang Theory
Very funny, and they remind me of my sons and their friends. Much of
what they talk about it unintelligible to me!

Last of the Summer Wine
These three old dudes wander around town, drink ale and get in trouble. Takes place in
the Yorkshire countryside (the town of Holmfirth and its surroundings). Dear, scruffy Compo is one of the best characters ever invented!











Are You Being Served
This show ended production in the early 80's but it really holds up. Really good ensemble cast.

OK this is really a strange one:
The Mighty Boosh
Just started watching this...another British one but really odd, even for the British. It is sort of a cross between Dr. Who and a really unusual trip.














My Name is Earl
I know these people-I lived with these people when I was a kid in Lowell!

Looks as if comedy is my little secret don't it? Especially British comedy.
Well, it is healthy to laugh so try to catch one of these soon,
Talk to you later,
Lynda

I had an epiphany a few years ago where I was out at a celebrity party and it suddenly dawned on me that I had yet to meet a celebrity who is as smart and interesting as any of my friends.
- Moby






No comments: