Monday, July 20, 2009

Am I the Same Girl/Soulful Strut

I have this thing that happens to me most mornings-NOT a spicy thing!

A morning song!
I usually wake up with some song in my head. Usually a phrase or two sticks in my head and plays over and over until I hear something else. I have taken to writing them down in my journal, wondering if there is any reason or order to them. Wondering if they might mean something about how my day will be or what I may have been thinking about in my sleep.
This morning I woke up with a specific version of a song that took me a hour to research and find that particular version. It was a song sung by Dusty Springfield called Am I the Same Girl. It had a real soulful feel to it and I personally LOVE Dusty Springfield. I know that is old of me but as she is really pop but I suppose my subconscious doesn't really care!














I think this is the first version of the song and then it was made into Soulful Strut by Young Holt Unlimited and was a One Hit Wonder I think. Fun music and seems like summer music. Must have been popular in the summer or something!
Here are some other songs I have waked up to lately:

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka

Baby I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney

It's a Perfect day by Perfect Day

People Are Strange by the Doors


I really don't see any theme here do you? Nice song to sing along to though. Maybe that's it-I just like to sing along!

Well that's all for now. See you String Alongs tonight!
Lynda
He who hesitates is a damned fool.
Mae West (1892 - 1980)

No comments: