Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Proust Questionnaire








The Proust Questionnaire

The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire.Want to try it? I'd love to see your answers...




What is your most marked characteristic?
My Strong personality.

When and where were you happiest?
Floating on an inner tube on Lake Mendota on a hot July day.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Spending the day around the house and hanging out in my back garden with Joe making wonderful meals.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My Family and home. Or getting through Chemo...

What is your most treasured possession?
My diamond anniversary ring from Joe.

What is your greatest fear?
That the madness in the world will take over the decency of most of us.

Which living person do you most despise?
Ted Nugent or really anyone who feels they have the right to kill animals to please themselves.

Which living person do you most admire?
Barack Obama.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Unkindness.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My big tummy.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Hey Dude, how's it going?

What is your greatest regret?
That I don't have my house in the country and now I am getting too old to manage a homestead.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Death of a loved one, including a family animal.

What is your favorite occupation?
Figuring out a complicated knitting pattern.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Decency and honor.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Intelligent humor.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Children who have to raise their brothers and sisters or even their parents.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A person who feeds the cats and birds.

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
A beloved cat.

How would you like to die?
In my sleep with my children, grand and great grand children around me.

What is your motto?
"As my whimsy takes me."

Well, what do you think?

Talk to you later,

Lynda


2 comments:

Lost City Denise said...

Hi Lynda -

I've lost you email. Could you send me a meesage?

Lost City Denise said...

Okay - so I've reread this questionnaire several times. I'll try to post my responses this weekend on my blog.