Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here's How It Is Today

Here is how things are going today:
I am listening to the Brandenburg Concerto. Music that I have always felt was inevitable! What I mean is that every note is where it should be and there are not extra, unneeded notes. Does that make any sense? The music has an order and brilliance that amazes me. And brings a sense of joy and beauty.

My hand is still hurting and it cramps up if I try to knit...this is not good. I am at a loss without my knitting. I can still plan things but eventually I need to actually get
my hand on the needles again.
Did you watch Return to Cranford on Masterpiece last Sunday evening? I had read Elizabeth Gaskell's works Cranford and Wives and Daughters and really enjoyed them. Wonderful pictures of life in the Victorian age. Beautifully drawn characters. Well, anyway, Every Woman in Cranford wore knitted items-EVERY One! It was so neat to try to figure out what each garment was and how it was constructed. The ladies all had fingerless mitts and I think I need some too! I am looking for a pattern for a lacy fingerless mitt for me-but of course I can't knit lace right now...







I am starting a diet of sorts. I have been reading the Flat Belly Diet and one of the things it starts with is a sort of jump start tonic which includes water but with a nice addition of tasty ingredients like mint and ginger. I have started my water and as soon as my stitches are out I will be swimming at the local motel as I have a note from my doctor to do low impact exercise in the pool. It is all aimed at seeing my feet again someday! Ha, Ha!

I am reading H. Rider Haggard's She: A History of an Adventure.


















It was
extraordinarily popular in its time, and has remains in print to the present day. She is generally considered to be one of the classics of imaginative literature and with 83 million copies sold by 1965, one of the best-selling books of all time. Did you ever see the old Hammer film of She staring Ursula Andress? We always called her Ursula Un-Dress when I was a kid. But anyway the film is pretty campy but the book is a ripping good yarn.

Well, that is my day as it stands so far. Not much going on here but pleasant enough in itself! How goes your work?
Lynda

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence. - Buddha





4 comments:

egebs said...

Have you tried craft gloves. They are made out of the same material as the pressure socks they put on you at the hospital. If I find the package I will let you know exactly what they are called.

Janyce said...

Go girl!!!!! Good for you excerise and diet for 2010. I am on a 10,000 steps a day plan. So far so good. I still want to be able to zip line at 80!!!

Lynda said...

I haven't tried craft gloves. I did have a brace from the Dr. that I was to use especially in bed but it didn't seem to help!

Lynda said...

Janyce, how long does it take you to do 10,000 steps?