Friday, October 08, 2010

J is For...

J is for...

























Johnny Cash John Lennon Dr.
John









Well Johnny Cash is really for Michele who dearly loves his work-me not so much...
John Lennon who with Paul
McCartney wrote some of the most intellectually stimulating songs I have ever heard. And Dr. John for sheer craziness! This I need in my life regularly. Which brings me to:

J is For...
Jeeves and Wooster












What I wouldn't give for Jeeves to bring me my paper and coffee in the morning. And scrub my back and take care of my clothes and well, I could go on and on don't
you know?

J is For...
Journey

Not only the group Journey, which we have been listening to a lot around here. Seems like we have all been on an 80's music kick around my house. What fun and you can sing along!
But also Journey as in the path our lives travel as we live. Peregrinations, travels, pilgrimage. It doesn't seem as if I physically go anywhere but my life has had some interesting paths and the dictionary says that a pilgrimage is a long journey and if life isn't that long journey, I don't know what it is. We make itineraries but where
we end up isn't always where we thought we'd go. I guess the important part is really the journey and what you did along the way. And how you lived-a life aimed at doing the right thing, for me. Not always easy to figure out but I'm trying.


















Looking for a moral compass,
Talk to you later,
Lynda

Even with the best of maps and instruments, we can never fully chart our journeys.
Gail Pool

No comments: