Saturday, October 16, 2010

Q is For...

Q is For Quartz...
the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's continental crust, after feldspar. Rose Quartz is one of my favorite stones. I have a rose quartz crystal that really glows in the sun. They are supposed to promote forgiveness!




















Q is For...
Quality

What is Quality?
One definition is
Essential character; nature:
"The quality of mercy is not strain'd" (Shakespeare). We aim to live lives of quality, I think. But sometimes I wonder if people realize how their choices directly shape the quality of their lives. The best choices are made when we recognize and understand our emotions and have skills at using this awareness to manage yourself, your choices and relationships with others. The ability to understand our emotions and the emotions of others is an important emotional skill to have when making choices. How philosophical I am today...

Q is For...
Quiet

Did you ever hear the phrase, "Quiet the dragons of worry and fear"? Sometimes I let worries take over my thoughts. Not productive and it can make you sick.I know when the dragons of worry and fear gnaw on me because my stomach starts to hurt.
It is possible to take control of worry. The Dalai Lama recently said "Everybody wants a happy life. But sometimes people, in order to achieve a happy and successful life, rely entirely on external means like money and power. I think this is a mistake. Ultimately, the source of happiness and joyfulness is within ourselves. And once our mind is more calm and joyful, then our activities can be more effective."

















Enjoy this quiet Autumn day,
Lynda

Put duties aside at least an hour before bed and perform soothing, quiet activities that will help you relax.
Dianne Hales

No comments: