Monday, November 28, 2011

Joy in the Morning

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself. ~Tecumseh

I think this relates to attitude. The way you look at what happens effects how you feel. To a certain extent: Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise—then you will discover the fullness of your life! I know this doesn't always work for the truly depressed but it can certainly help-along with simple things like taking your dog for a walk! Fresh air and sunshine can make a huge difference. Making sure that you do the good things for your body every day can help with chronic pain. Ask me about Chronic pain...it colors everything you do and can make life VERY hard. But I thank God I am alive. Even if I have pain I still see the beauty of this life-my animals, my work & family-all make life a joy.

We have no money and it only gets worse...but I have most everything I need anyway. Don't need to buy anything and people prefer gifts that are hand made or from the heart anyhow.

But there are ways to live the good life...not by having a lot of stuff but,



All of this requires discipline. And practice. But I always tell my knitting students that if you practice something fifteen minutes a day, in two weeks you will have learned it!




  








Ring the bells that still can ring.
    Forget your perfect offering.
      There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets it.
       
-   Leonard Cohen





Love to you-
Lynda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this post for the first time this morning....thank you for the reminder about what is reaaly important....Michele