Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Aunt Pauline's Funeral



Tuesday morning was Aunt Pauline's funeral. Quite a few people there considering she was 89 years old. Her gentleman friend Harold made it and he had had cataract surgery the day before! Poor guy! I bet he never thought he would outlive Pauline!
She was such a great, fun loving person. Generous to everyone. She will be missed by many people who loved her.

So today I went over to Aunt Pauline's apartment to help my cousin Patty and her husband Bob and my Mom start cleaning out the apartment. It sure is a lot of work and it was just a one bedroom apartment. I got to take home some of her lovley antique textiles. Embroidered pillowcases, table clothes, dish towels and such. I also got this cool carrier for clothes pins that looks like a little pleated dress. It is beautifully tailored and it is just for clothes pins. How wonderful to take such care with little things. That is what I call homemaking!




Here is my most recent mitten. The patterns are from that Swedish Mitten book. I sure enjoy this kind of knitting lately!








My hollyhocks are starting to bloom and are really going to be spectacular. Also my yucca is blooming for the first time and I planted it a good five years ago.

(Not the world's clearest photo but you get the idea?)



















Well, Don't know much else so I will talk to you all later,
Lynda
Any woman who thinks the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is aiming about 10 inches too high.
Adrienne E. Gusoff

No comments: