Friday, June 23, 2006

Sad Day

Yeah it sure is a sad day...Aunt Pauline passed away about 2 hours ago. I have lost a dear aunt. She was my godmother and she always treated me as if I was special to her! When I was born I came out of the hospital to stay with Aunt Pauline and her husband at the time. Mom was telling me earlier today that Pauline took very good care of us when we lived with her. She had three husbands but her last husband Louie was the love of her life, I think. Although she is survived by a boy friend who is 94 years old! She really was a hell of a woman and worked hard all her life. She said to me a couple of weeks ago, "Maybe I should have retired and not worked so hard all my life?" I told her that hard work was what had kept her strong! I am so glad I went and sat with her this morning. She was unconcious but I just sat and prayed and knit with her. It is hard to believe that she has gone from me. She really was a big part of my life and I will miss her!




I have started a baby sweater. It is from the website, Knitting Pure and Simple.
Very cute pattern. I have already knit it once with the hood. This time I am just making a collar.
The pattern recommended this yarn: Little Lehigh by Kraemer Yarns.
45% Cotton
55% Acrylic
DK
3.5 oz./ 100 Grams
approximately 250 Yards
The Kraemer website had some cute free patterns on it, too.

http://www.kraemeryarns.com/patterns/

I thought the baby afghan, Lots Of Love; Grandma's Afghan was cute.

Well, I will talk to you all later,
Lynda

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein

No comments: