Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Did you see the new Spin Off yet? It has these wonderful puppets on the cover. They are knit with Estonian patterns and are really gorgeous! Got me to thinking that mittens are a really portable, fun summer knitting project, so I am getting a bunch of ethnic mitten books from the library to try these out. Don't think I would put that much work into a puppet but mittens? Maybe...
Went to Cambria yesterday to visit a friend who has a carding mill. Elaine's Custom Carding 920-348-5554. She has had a lot of health issues and I was pretty worried about her but she sure looked good and is pretty upbeat. She will get the results of lumpectomy today. I am praying that it is contained and that she can begin treatments real soon.
We got a ton of rain last night. Some people in the area had tornados but at least everything got a nice watering! The garden looks pretty good. My friend Terri only took ONE tomatoe instead of the three I had saved for her. I hope Mom still want three or I am in trouble!!

Quote for the day:
The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly
and in a thousand things well.
-- Horace Walpole

Talk to you later,
Lynda

No comments: