Saturday, June 10, 2006



I just finished these two books and they were wonderful. They are about William Shakespeare before he got famous and his brush with the world of Faerie. They were wonderful fantasies and I have the third in the series still to read. Highly recommended reading!













On another new knitting kick-mittens or more specifically "ethnic mittens." I always like smaller projects that I can actually finish and these are great for summer knitting as they are not something large on your lap. I am also knitting three different sweaters for myself! Two of them are summer sweaters so must get finished before TOO long.









Got a few bales of spoiled straw from a farming friend and mulched the tomatoes-HEAVILY." I hope that means as little weeding as is possible.
I got some dwarf citrus trees that I still have to put into pots. Picked up a lemon, a lime and an orange. They are all supposed to have full size fruit on dwarf trees. Sounded like a good idea.


Yesterday on the way home from the nursing home I got to listen to one whole CD of the newest Elizabeth Peters, "Tomb of the Golden Bird." Really delightful! The woman who reads them, Barbara Rosenblatt, is so great at voice characterization that they are not to be missed!

Well, don't know much more this evening so I will go watch my British Sitcoms,

Lynda, aka lacelibrarian


Eternity's a terrible thought. I mean, where's it all going to end? -- Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (1967)




No comments: