Thursday, July 13, 2006

Anneke Doll

I got this doll pattern from a newsletter is get online about dollmaking. Isn't she sweet? I am going to make one just for the fun of it. Don't have any little girls to give her to but you never know... it really
looks like a fun project. I will give it a try and report back.















Went to lunch with Mom and Patrick today and Mom gave me the cutest knitting bear for my birthday. I will take a picture and post it.





Not the clearest picture in the world but her bag says, "knitting is my Bag" and there is a black and white kitten in the bag. That yellow thing is ball of yarn with some needles stuck in it.
Really cute.

Nearly finished with a baby sweater for the county fair. It is knit of Karabella Vintage Cotton. A simple cardigan with cables up the front and then I will make socks and a hat to go with it. The category is a bay set so you have a fair amount of freedom in what constitutes a set. The pattern has baby pants but I don't think people put knit pants on babies anymore, so I won't knit those!

Anyway it is a nice cotton so easy for a mom to take care of without ruining it!

Working on more things for the fair. I have a cashmere shawl to put in, an adult sweater and vest, my halland mittens, the monkey Stewie and a simple pair of socks. Don't know if I will finish an embroidery in time. Hope so!

Don't know too much more today so I will end here,

Talk to you all later,

Lynda


The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
-- Dorothy Nevill

No comments: