Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy Birthday and Anneka Doll

Had a nice if very hot birthday yesterday! Joe gave me a pair of earrings and Brian gave me a cast iron side table to put next to the beautiful park bench Joe got me! We went out to dinner and in spite of much bickering it was a nice meal. Sometimes it gets to be a bit much though with all the complaining and criticisms they give each other (husband and children). I try to ignore it but eventually I have to put my foot down and say enough!
I spent much of the day making my Anneke doll and I think she turned out really sweet:


I made the doll, her dress and bib, and bloomers! Her hair is my handspun yarn. Makes nice hair as it has quite a bit of texture. This has been a really creative time for me. I strung a new beaded necklace with some beads I bought from Susan's Fiber Shop and I started work on that embroidery picture again. Beaded a scared for a class at Craft Center here in town. Down to the sleeve on that cotton cable baby sweater. Just busy as a bee!
Also I think I am starting to loose weight as my clothes are fitting a little better! Don't have a scale so don't know any numbers but the signs are good!

On the other hand, my dishwasher is leaking and I fear a large bill to repair it! Hope not; maybe it needs a seal or gasket or something?
Well hope it cools down soon, this heat is no fun. It is such an effort to even run errands or water plants. Oh my chicken was back for a while yesterday, but she didn't sleep in the garage so I don't know where the hussy is sleeping but at least she is healthy!
Stay cool everyone! Talk to you later,
Lynda


Music is essentially useless, as life is.
-- George Santayana, Life of Reason (1905) vol. 4, ch. 4

No comments: