Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fair Knitting

Well, today is the big day! I delivered my pieces to the fairgrounds this morning. I entered 9 items but neglected to register for socks so even though I had a nice pair knitted up, I couldn't enter them. Darn! I entered:
  • my Wallaby Sweater without a hood
  • a Vest with Zipper knit for Joe
  • a Baby Layette knit in pale peach cotton-hat, socks & sweater all with cables
  • a yellow child sweater
  • My Blue Cashmere Mystery Shawl
  • My Monkey knit with handspun yarn from fiber I got from Linda Diak at Grafton Fibers
  • the Norwegian Mittens
  • My Anneka Cloth Doll
  • the Cottage Embroidery

The things I haven't had pictures of yet will get their own photos after the fair! I don't think anything is really special merit worthy but some of them are blue ribbons I think....We will know tomorrow!

Things are very quiet around here with just me and Brian around. Joe called last evening from somewhere in Colorado. He said it was 90 degrees at 8 o'clock at night. Not the lovely weather we have been having.



I just got a newsletter from Tasha Tudor and family. I don't know if you are familiar with her but click on the link and look at her drawings and photos. She is a pretty neat old lady-and she loves corgis!

That is is from here-will talk to you after the fair!
Lynda

I like long walks,
especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
-- Noel Coward



No comments: