Monday, October 23, 2006

The Victoria and Albert Museum







These are some really cool historical patterns. I was just thinking last night that I need some new gloves this year and the moderator of the Townsend Sock Knit Along (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T_Socks_KAL/) posted a couple of web-sites with free glove patterns. These World War II patterns are cool but the yarn and needles sizes are a little tricky. Further on at the V&A site they do have a needle conversion chart and the gloves I am interested in are knit on size 1 !! That will take a while to knit. Maybe I will even spin the yarn for them and make it a "from scratch" project.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/fashion/knitting/1940s/index.html


Went to the Beaver Dam Small Animal Swap yesterday at 6:30 a.m.! Why do they have these things so late in the year?, she whines. It was freezing-literally. I have gotten pigeons from this fellow before and he is such a sweetie. He drove from Edgerton to be there at 6! He and his wife were there with about 20 birds. I wish I could have afforded more birds but he gave me a deal on the 4 I did purchase. I got two new hens and a couple of young birds of unknown sex. They are truly beautiful.
I think today is the day my babies will spend all day outside. They are really well feathered and I think they need to get accustomed to the cooler weather before it is arctic out! I have only been giving them baby food once a day for a couple of days and they are keeping full and drinking all by themselves. They are exercising their wings well too. If they know where the food it they will be fine now.

I think I had better get in gear now so I will end this,
Talk to you later,
Lynda

The least of learning is done in the classrooms.
-- Thomas Merton

No comments: