Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday is Work Day!


Boy I have a ton of stuff to do today. I already have some animals fed but still have to feed the babies and I want to put them outside for most of the day. I have outside birds to feed and then the real work begins!

I am bringing in all the lawn furniture and taking down the porch swing. I am then going to put my park bench on the front porch so that people can sit on it to put on boots or whatever.The lawn really needs to be mowed but it is already misting and will rain all day I heard.

I am determined to clear off the dining room table today too. I am so sick of the piles of stuff. Most of it is really recycling anyway. It is just a matter of bagging it and taking unused books upstairs! Well that and all the yarn! It is all stuff I mean to get at real soon.

I have been knitting baby hats for a craft sale I will be selling at in December. I never have had much success in it and every year I say I won't do it again but here I am making things for it. The market for handmade items here in my hometown is not all that great! The most successful businesses here are Dollar Store and the church Thrift Store! Needless to say people don't want to spend $20 on a handknit baby sweater of $15 for a skein of handspun wool! I have made a couple of cute striped hats:


I am going to try to sell these for as little as I can afford and see if they go or not! I hope so as it is nice to have a little extra money at Christmas time!








Well I suppose I had better get to work-can't put it off any longer!
Lynda

A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in students.
-- John Ciardi

No comments: