Monday, November 13, 2006

Manos del Uruguay

Just finished this hat out of the newest Interweave Knits:
Tweed Beret by Kristen TenDyke. I knit it with Manos Del Uruguay which is pretty pricey stuff but really beautiful colors! I bought the yarn at Susan's Fiber Shop. I am making mittens to go with it. Just using a basic mitten pattern as the yarn itself does the work, I think. This will be placed in the Host of Angels sale on December 1 & 2. If it doesn't sell I will give it for Christmas!
This is reluctantly modeled by my son Patrick. And he had just gotten out of bed! This is unblocked but aren't the colors great?




Got the magazine on Saturday and the hat knit up really quickly! I also want to knit some beautiful lace mitts out of this issue designed by JoLene Treace. She showed them knit out of that Mongolian Cashmere that I used to knit my Mystery Shawl. I still have enough of that left to knit the mitts! How cool is that! Love the pattern and again it will make a beautiful Christmas gift!





I also finally bought the Knits Holiday Issue that has been out for a month! It looks like some really neat stuff is in there too. There is a pattern for a Mitered Heart Sachet by Vicki Sever from Oshkosh. She is a neat lady so its nice to see her published in a national magazine!

I am continuing to work on baby hats too. I have a Tomato hat on the needles now. Just ripped out a scarf I started with some handspun. I got the fiber from Linda Diak of Grafton Fibers in Vermont. http://www.graftonfibers.com/ It is a lovely variegated blue but I having trouble finding what it should be. Oh well, it's not as if I don't have other yarn!

Tonight is Madison Knitting Guild. This will be my first time this season. I have missed the first two meetings so I am looking forward to seeing people that I haven't seen since last Spring! And Tuesday night is church ladies though that doesn't run late as the girls are too old to stay out late! 8:)) Then Wednesday evening is String Alongs at Susan's Fiber Shop! I am looking forward to that! It is always an opportunity to shop AND visit with the girls. Can't wait to hear all about Susan's fall shows. Thursday morning Craft Center is back to just Hodge Podge for me! Yay! I haven't gotten to just shoot the breeze for a month as we did a month long class on that sampler purse pattern from Knit Picks. Good class and cute purse but I am going to enjoy just hanging out for a while again!

Here is a funny game I got from a fellow on Sheep Thrills:
http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2004/f_target_pingu-p1.php

That is all for now,
Lynda
A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty,
and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.
-- Robert Benchley

No comments: