Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hardanger

This has been a busy day and more yet to come! Had Craft Center this morning and enjoyed it as usual! Then I came home and did the newsletter for church and quickly ran it off at church and folded and distributed about 95 of them. It takes me about two hours total including the writing and editing. I have cut back to only 8 pages and a page for the calendar and birthdays for the month. April is going to be a busy month at church! While I was copying the newsletter I got another duckie knitted and then came home and sewed him up and put on little black beads for eyes. I will post a picture....



I forgot to go to the city garage and pick up a new recycling bin! Our old one disappeared this Tuesday when they picked up the recycling. My husband said it was in pretty shabby shape so maybe the city took it? Anyway I have to go over to the garage and get a new one!



Then I am going to Craft Center this evening to start a new project-Hardanger! Don't know if you have ever done any? It is a type of embroidery done on even weave fabric and then cut out.


It gets it name from the district in Norway where it was first done. It is really different from the usual embroidery I do-mostly very free form sorts of things but representational. Anyway it is fun to do something so different and the results are stunning. If it turns out I might even put it in the fair and very little of it ever gets entered! I would like people to get a chance to see more of it!





Then tomorrow I am going to Columbus to the Susan's Fiber Shop Spinning Retreat. I am so looking forward to a weekend of no responsibilities and tons of fun and laughter! Terri and I and Michele are sharing a room and Mary M. and possibly Nancy W. will be sharing another! It is always such a relaxed and goofy time. The hotel has a pool and hot tub so I will have a nice swim and soak. Sometimes my family comes and swims in the evening too. So anyway you won't hear a thing from me until late Sunday at the soonest and probably not until Monday! Hopefully I will have some good stories to tell.

Speaking of stories-I want to start a book reading group together...I have picked out the book "The Flounder" by Gunter Grass and I would like to discuss it with you! Will you get a copy and we can read it together? Please?? It isn't one of his terribly tragic books and it even has recipes! Give it a try, OK? We will talk more the beginning of the week.

Lynda

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Jack London (1876 - 1916)

No comments: