Monday, May 07, 2007

Asleep at the Wheel



I saw this great article on CBS Sunday Morning about Asleep at the Wheel. Now I don't LIKE country music but what they do is different-country swing I think. And they are wonderful at it too!. The focus of the piece was on the lead guy, Ray Benson- a nice Jewish guy from Philadelphia! They have been making records for 37 years!


Any way it makes me long for Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys too. A-Haa!


I am knitting this bear from Simply Knits for Cherished Babies by Erica Knight. I am knitting it out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino which just happens to be the recommended yarn! Isn't he cute? Mine is a soft baby yellow.
















Isn't this bunny cute? I may have to get the pattern and knit her too! She is from Baby Cashmerino 2 by Debbie Bliss. My only complaint about Debbie Bliss and most toy patterns is that they are all knit in pieces and sewn together-I hate doing that! I think I would do the face different too...
Talk to you soon,
Lynda
Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man.
Leon Trotsky









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Imagine my surprise this morning! You like Asleep at the Wheel, what? It can't be! :) You do know that they play country music at its best?
Seriously,I have been a big fan for years, and terri knows the guys personallly, ask her about ray benson.............hmmm..... TM

Lynda said...

No No No! They play Country Swing which is an offshoot of Swing-And Their music really does!
Yeah I knew Terri and Ted had some connection to them. Too bad the piece on them was on at 8:30 am Sunday morning or I would have called her up!

Lynda