Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What's Up?

I have been missing in blog action for a few days as I really had nothing to say! Hard to believe, I know; but life has been very low key.

We did have the regular String Alongs meeting last Monday night and a good time was had by all. We have changed the meeting night to the third Monday as some of us had other thing on Wednesday-I have choir on Wednesdays. I was happy that people were willing and able to make the change. Our friend Janet gave away garbage bags and boxes full of yarn and pattern books and magazines. Janet is a designer and yarn companies give her lots of freebies so that she will design with their yarns. Didn't get home until around midnight! It really is a great group of women and I wouldn't miss it for the world.


My husband is off on vacation for ten days so I am sort of having to work around his schedule this week and can't just run out anytime to do things. Case in point, he is waiting for me to finish the blog this morning so that we can go to Madison and shop. It is a little uncomfortable to have him hanging around all the time but at least he plays lots of golf and that takes HOURS! Ha! Ha!


I am nearly done with the second leg of Meida's Sock from Favorite Socks.
Here is the first sock finished.
And I cast the second one on
immediately! The only way
for me to actually finish a
pair of socks!

Joe put together a cedar chest yesterday to store finished knit items. It got approval quickly from those who matter most:

So nice to have a place
to store all the knitted
garments and afghans!
Talk to you later,
Lynda
The last time somebody said, 'I find I can write much better with a word processor.', I replied, 'They used to say the same thing about drugs.'
Roy Blount Jr.

No comments: