Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Midwest Felting Symposium

I took a wonderful class on Friday from Bobbie Ripperger on felting bears. Bobbie Ripperger has been a teddy bear artist for 17 years, creating original heirloom quality miniature bears from the finest of materials such as mohair, alpaca, and wool fiber. Bobbie has a free pdf class on line to make sheep. http://www.beyondbasicbears.com/FREE_PROJECT_SHEEP1.pdf
Very cute! The bear class was wonderful. This lady know her felting needles and fiber!
Here are some pictures from the class:

These are Bobbie's bears and aren't they wonderful?



















Here are some pictures of my work in progress:


















Here is my bear pretty far along-still needs the beads for eyes and the thread for nose:
The Symposium has been great so far. Hope you got a chance to get to it-it is still on tomorrow and there may still be some classes open. I will be there and both my boys will be there helping too. See you then,
Lynda
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

No comments: