Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Almost Finished Shawl

I am calling this the almost finished shawl as I haven't blocked it yet and that is when the true beauty of lace comes out, I think. I also think it is funny when people call it "dressing" your lace.
In certain company I will refer to this last stage as "blocking the p**s out of it"!



Well, anyway, here are the before pictures:


This is my design made up of parts of other things. The edging is from Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting book-a goldmine for Shetland lace knitters. The body is from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. The yarn is Alpaca With a Twist Fino-A perfect blend of baby alpaca & silk lends a luxurious handle, a dramatic lustrous sheen, & an elegant drape. Purchased the yarn from Susan's Fiber Shop and I have yarn left over from ONE skein!



This shawl was knit to wear to my niece Candy's wedding on Saturday August 4 and I am nearly finished THREE WHOLE DAYS EARLY. I am not sure what this is about but lately I have been finishing projects early. By that I mean as much as a week early. Maybe not so notable to you but to me is is a lot better than blocking something the night before I want to wear it in the morning!!





I am so glad I went with the neutral cream color as I have had a heck of a time finding a dress and finally found a dress that is black with green print and this neutral will look just fine with it! Thank goodness!
Well, off to block the p**s out of my shawl and more pictures later...
Lynda


If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tis beautiful.........P*ss and all!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!