Thursday, September 13, 2007

Going to Madison, Again and Again

I am going to Madison tomorrow for the third time this week! I went on Monday for a Dr's appointment that was canceled and also went to Madison Knitters guild for the season opener which hosted Galina Khmeleva, author of Gossamer Webs : the History and Techniques of Orenburg Lace Shawls. Galina is a wonderful speaker! She and her husband George run their business called Saska Designs where she sells her book and shawls made in the Orenburg region by her knitters and fibers and yarns to make your own Gossamer Web! She is so much fun to listen to as she has a a Russian accent but very understandable and she has very strong opinions so it is great fun to listen to her!

I went to Madison yesterday for the rescheduled Dr's appointment and Terri N. went with me so I didn't have to spend time waiting alone. And I want to thank Terri for all she does to help her friends and to mention the sad news that Terri's mom passed away today. Her mother has been ill and steadily weakening but it is still a terrible shock for Terri and if you can hold her in your thoughts and prayers I know she can use all the help to get through this sad time...


Tomorrow I am going to Madison again! I am taking a car load of women from Waupun Craft Center to the Nancy's Notions-Wisconsin Public Television Quilt Expo. I am really excited to be going to this! I didn't go last year and my taste for fabric has been creeping up on me this past year so I can't wait to look at fabric and notions, buttons and threads this year! Should be a wonderful time and I have a car load of great ladies so we are looking forward to good shopping and a fun time!
Talk to you later,
Lynda
Lack of money is no obstacle.
Lack of an idea is an obstacle.
- Ken Hakuta

No comments: